From: Martyn Hodgson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2008 10:13 AM
To: Jarosław Lipski
Subject: Re: [LUTE] Re: [LUTE] Re: Double headed 12c/loaded/Demi-filé

Equal feel is not the same as equal tension where different gauge strings
are concerned: thicker strings are stiffer at the same tension and thus
'feel' different requiring a lower tension to 'feel' the same.  Whilst not
suggesting loaded strings are not a good, or even the best, option, let's
not rush to a conclusion that low tension unloaded gut (when plucked close
to the bridge) is also not a reasonable option. I'd like to see many more
trying this option. On my trial lute I use the lowest basses at
1.5KG/Newtons with a general nominal tension of around 2.5.

MH