Stuart,
Elly is a PhD organology student, not a school kid.
Yes, she emailed to explain. And banamunga is Gordon's 15 year-old (more Internet savvy?) nephew. I was just wondering if Scottish kids were that much more precocious than English ones.
What is wrong with improvising your own prelude? What is wrong with ligados (arguably more of a baroque guitar feature than 4c)? The last note played by the right hand on the fretboard is a hammer-on, not a harmonic. I think Gordon was just having fun rather than making some revelatory gesture regarding 4c guitar technique. Rob

I simply didn't say that there was anything wrong with improvising a prelude. And I didn't say that it was wrong to use ligados.

What Gordon is doing is a bit puzzling and I thought it was worth talking about. What's your problem with that?