On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 4:05 PM, David van Ooijen
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> - the transcription for guitar made by Dieter Kirsch in his 'Santino
> Garsi da Parma Lautenwerke - Gesamtausgabe in Tabulatur un
> Uebertragung Herausgegeben von Dieter Kirsch. Gitarre und Laute G + L
> 148)
>
> - the transcription made by Koichi Arakawa in his 'the Collected Lute
> Music of Santino Garsi da Parma (The Lute Society of Nagoya, 1981)

Just to be complete.
I said the nice handwriting in the Japanese edition was by Katsuji
Shibuya. It was not, he did the transcriptions. The Tablature Writing
was done by Fumiko Asai. I didn't check the last page, my mistake, all
credit to her! On the last page also an old address of:

The Lute Society of Nagoya
1-9-3 Uchiyama, Chikusa-ku,
Nagoya, Japan 464

This is an address from 1981, so den't expect an answer. But you never know.

Arthur Ness already mentioned it, there is also an edition of Santino
Garsi's music by good old Giesbert:

Santino Garsi da Parma
41 Lautenstuecke
copyright by F. J. Giesbert, Neuwird, 1969, Printed in Germany

Neat handwriting, French and Italian Tab.
The copies of this book were bound in the same folder as my Japanese
edition, missed it for the same reason that I missed the last page of
that one: I never looked further than the Salty piece Arto was looking
for. Found a few pages of the 1925 edition too, guitar transcriptions
that look very solid. Looks like I copied all from a friend with even
more lute music ... We can never win.

David

PS. Tangentially related: David T. and Joseph B. might be pleased to
know that their papers on Dowland's music are available in the music
departement (NMI) of the Royal Library here in The Hague. Joseph's
hefty two volume paper was listed under der Tobert Dowland. We've
corrected that while we were there, so a computer search will bring it
to light again. ;-)
David T.'s paper can be read on-line at his own website, btw.