That is, if you don't think it's sacrilege to correct what is in my
eyes a printer's or writer's error.
Judge for yourself at my website www.davidvanooijen.nl  Click your way
to Writings and then to Dowland Puzzles. Or use this direct link:
http://home.planet.nl/~ooije006/david/writings/dowpuz_f.html

The thing about these corrections is that as long as you play the
songs as solo songs, you might never notice them. And often you don't
play the songs in 4-part settings till you're really used to the lute
parts as you know them, possible mistakes and all, so by then it's
hard to judge objectively. I find this true for myself; I have become
attached to some of the errors and do not easily part with them. Not
just in Dowland songs, by the way, but in other music, too.

David