> Weiss and Logy on archlute! Well, of course, everything is
   > explanable, I can understand any individual approach.

   It's not my approach. I'm into the baroque lute, to be sure. It was an
   attempt. What I wanted to find out was whether or not it is feasible.

   > One can buy Weiss or Logi on an archlute if it's for fun or pleasure.
   > Equally well one can try Pulenc on theorbo or Kapsperger on modern
   > harp, or Gershwin on balalaika

   That's a bit of a stretch, don't you think? Italian lutenists like
   Zamboni or dalla Casa were contemporaneous to Weiss and Logy, Weiss had
   been to Rome for quite a while and had started his carreer there. I
   simply wanted to know to what extend music by Logy or Weiss in
   tablatures for D minor tuning is specific to that tuning

   > But why the real baroque lute is such a black sheep

   Would you agree with me, then, that there are at least four distinct
   black sheep?
     * 11c French
     * 12c double headed (much of the repertoire French, again)
     * 13c bass rider
     * 13c swan neck

   > Why the few maniacs only use baroque lute tuning for a
   > continuo, in the age the instrument was born and used?

   Not sure if I got your point right, but didn't Benjamin Narvey recently
   make a strong case in favour of HIP continuo playing in D minor tuning.
   Besides that, there still are the Fundamenta der Lautenmusique, an 18th
   century=A0tutor for continuo playing in D minor tuning.

   Mathias

   > > > I think I read somewhere that there actually is a courante by
   Logy