Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 10:50:22 +0000
From: Tim Crawford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: baroque lute <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: the archlute in Germany

There are indeed two or three pieces near the beginning of the Goess theorbo
book which seem to be for archlute, including a nice Ciacona.

Apart from that, I *think* there may be one or two in one of the
'Wolckenstein' lute MSS (Nuremberg or Berlin) which was begun in Parma in
1650.

An English lute MS (c1706-10) now at the Library of Congress, which was
compiled in Utrecht (Holland), Hanover and Hamburg probably for the same
person as 'Lord Danby's Lute Book' or his younger brother, contains one or
two pieces for archlute, including one by Losy.

Tim