   From: Rob MacKillop <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   To: Steve Ramey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   Cc: lute@cs.dartmouth.edu
   Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2008 4:32:45 AM
   Subject: [LUTE] Re: Kapsberger Canarios
     Steve,
     Normally these pieces are played on the theorbo, so if it definitely
     was a baroque guitar being played, they must have been arrangements.
     know Maxwell Davis's Farewell to Stromness, although I haven't heard
   it
     for a decade or so. I seem to recall it is a set of variations on a
     passacaglia. Doesn't sound to me particularly like any of the
     arpegiattas or canarios by Kapsberger, but I suppose there would be a
     similarity with his passacaglias. It might well fit the lute. The
     guitar version had to miss out much of the interesting dissonance of
     the piano original. Nice tune, though. Go ahead and make an attempt,
     then let us know the result.
     Rob