   From: Daniel Shoskes <kidneykut...@gmail.com>
   To: Arthur Ness <arthurjn...@verizon.net>
   Cc: Lute Net <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
   Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2009 9:46:03 PM
   Subject: [LUTE] Re: Inauguaral Music OT
     It was lip synced!!!!!!
     [1][1]http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/23/arts/music/23band.html?_r=1
     On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 7:03 PM, Arthur Ness
     <[2][2]arthurjn...@verizon.net> wrote:
       I didn't hear about Yo-Yo Ma playing a carbon fiber cello.  But the
       army, navy and marine bands also have string orchestras (as well as
       chorus) and they were planning on playing on the such string
       instruments because of the cold.  Alas, I missed out.  Just this
       month
       the music instrument lecture at the
       Boston Museum of Fine Arts was on these string instruments.
   They're
       made here in Boston, I think.  The MFA bought one.  Yes, here it is
       (item #13):
       [3][3]http://www.mfa.org/tours/package.asp?key=814
       You can have the picture sent to yourself.
       The picture is under the red MFA label.  These instruments are made
       of
       carbon fiber by the firm of Luis (sic) and Clark in Milton,
       Massachusetts.
       The brass players were using plastic mouthpieces to prevent
   freezing
       their lips.  And they had also rehearsed some piece that the
   brasses
       could play if their valves or slide froze up!!  Honest! that's what
       heard on the news.
     =====AJN (Boston, Mass.)=====
                   My Web Page: Scores
     [4][4]http://mysite.verizon.net/vzepq31c/arthurjnesslutescores/