The best way is to save your video in AVCHD (or H264, it is the same)
in 720p, non interlaced, widescreen, square pixels, 11 mbps, 320kbs
audio (preferably 44.1).
That way, your video will be future proofed, in addition to looking
good in full screen.
In addition, you can then specify a custom window size.
Also, HQ is not really HQ, you want HD. HQ is not a good way to save
the video. It should not be 4:3, it should be 720p.
dt