On Feb 9, 2009, at 5:56 AM, Jean-Marie Poirier wrote:

> May I remind all of you interested in that thread on hand position,
> that I had put up a couple of web pages with iconographical
> evidence about that very same point. You will find it there :
>
> for the renaissance :   http://le.luth.free.fr/renaissance/index.html
> for the 17th century : http://le.luth.free.fr/baroque/index.html
> for the 18th century : http://le.luth.free.fr/baroque2/index.html

It's fascinating to examine those images of past players, just as it
is to watch players today, but let's not forget what that examination
teach us:  that each player's right hand, living or dead, is
different to all the others.  There must be a message in that
somewhere...

davidr
dlu...@verizon.net