That's perfectly clear now!

Miles

On 7-Mar-09, at 1:30 AM, David van Ooijen wrote:

On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 12:40 AM, Miles Dempster
<miles.demps...@globetrotter.net> wrote:
David,

The g# on the 4th fret an octave higher...? Does that mean that your second
course is not re-entrant?

Did I writet that??

One cannot be clear enough:
Open 4th string g is one octave higher than open 7th string G.
We're playing Monteverdi, so it's 1/4 comma meantone. This means 1st
fret 4th string is an a-flat, not that I need one, but I didn't use a
tastino here and the fret is set high, so it certainly is not a g#. In
stead, when I need a g# in this octave, I play it on the 4th fret on
string 2. That makes this a double re-entrant theorbo in a, unless I'm
mixing things up even more. ;-)

David