I googled the afore mentioned instrument order taker and found that you are not the only one. Check out the Classical Guitar forum, I think you will find the results both disheartening and interesting. I can speak only for myself but it would seem you are out the money so it is time for a bit of retribution. I would find myself a detective to locate the man and an attorney to sue his socks off, in fact a class action law suit may be even better. But that's just me and what do I know?

http://www.delcamp.net/forum/en/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31290#p320980

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mayes, Joseph" <ma...@rowan.edu> To: "Rob MacKillop" <luteplay...@googlemail.com>; "Orphenica" <wer...@orphenica.de>
Cc: <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Saturday, August 01, 2009 3:59 PM
Subject: [LUTE] more Luciano

  Once more let me admonish anyone thinking of ordering a lute from
  Luciano Faria - I am still waiting for my instruments - A fully-paid
  for theorbo and deposits on two other lutes that are all about three
  years late!

  He doesn't answer emails, phone calls, or (I'm thinking) smoke signals.
  I am out thousands of dollars. I can think of no remedy for me, but I
  will keep sounding these warnings to all and sundry: DON'T DO IT!!!

  Joseph Mayes