Well, it may be possible that some people will buy such a lute, but we have to ask what is the reason for doing so. The lute is not only a device. I can only quote Ernst Gottlieb Baron (1727) who says in his "Study of the lute": "I once saw at Herr Hoffman's in Leipzig an old lute of solid copper, heavily gilded on the back with many figures etched upon it, and the top was of black ebony. But when I examined the tone, I found that this instrument sounded more like an old pot than a true lute. Whoever wishes to have a good-sounding instrument will choose good and appropriate wood."

Best

Jaroslaw Lipski

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mustafa Umut Sarac" <mustafaumutsa...@gmail.com>
To: "howard posner" <howardpos...@ca.rr.com>
Cc: <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Thursday, October 01, 2009 11:24 PM
Subject: [LUTE] Re: : Cost of a lute?

  There are some people wastes 50 years to create their art designs
  cheapest , no need to cnc lathes and enviromentally friendly.

  I gave my 25 years to studying this kind of stuff.

  If you look to Luigi Colani , he creates whatever he wants with hot
  wire cut foam.

  I think this is the cheapest , fastest , less complex , and using least
  electric technology.

  And no noise for home studios in the apartments

  Only you have to do is to create a moving hot wire inside foam.

  Than you fill the cut foam with polyester slowly , and seal the foam.
  There would be no nasty fume.

  You can fill the very thin foam cut with a syringe very slowly.

  I asked to produce a guitar with rapid production , rapid prototyping
  methods and it costs 3000 dollars without a neck . This is not
  intelligent.

  Hot wire FOAM CUT is the best

  How you will produce the back , one by one and assembling the foams
  together precisely and fill with epoxy.

  I am seriously thinking to produce Lutes with this technology.

  You can produce carbon composites with adding graphite carbon powder in
  to the polymer !

  It is like using saw and a wood.

  Best ,

  Mustafa Umut Sarac