That was very nice, beautiful, clean and without pretension. I'm glad you took the time to put this together. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ron Andrico" <praelu...@hotmail.com>
To: <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Sunday, December 20, 2009 7:11 AM
Subject: [LUTE] [LUTE]

  To All:
  After spending insane hours dedicated to house-building in a mad
  attempt to beat the snow and frozen ground, and the usual spate of
  December gigs, we took the time to make a new video.
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oT4PLrF0utc
  This is a performance of Mignonne allons voir si la rose from the
  poetry of Pierre Ronsard, also recorded on our CD Divine Amarillis.
  The original is found only as a single melody line in Jehan
  Chardavoine's _Recueil de chansons en forme de voix de ville_ (1576).
  The engaging melody has often been performed with a drone, unison
  doubling or simple arpeggio accompaniment.  In searching for a more
  interesting mode of performance, we looked to contemporary settings of
  Ronsard's poetry, and in particular, settings by Adrian Le Roy.
  We discovered that the tune works with only minor adjustments to Le
  Roy's Passemeze harmonization and, since LeRoy set several other poems
  by Ronsard in a similar manner, we feel our setting is historically
  justifiable.
  Happy Christmas to all.
  Ron & Donna
  [1]www.mignarda.com

  Hotmail: Trusted email with powerful SPAM protection. [2]Sign up now.