Hello Andreas:
   I have the Minkoff facsimile as well, which is the source for the
   adaptation I posted.  As Martin pointed out, there are many mistakes in
   the tablatures and the engraved typeface is a little tricky to read.
   That said, there is some wonderful music in this book.  The Minkoff
   reprint is probably still available and is highly recommended.
   Julia Sutton published an inventory and survey of the music in  'The
   Music of J. B. Besard's "Novus Partus", 1617',  Journal of the American
   Musicological Society, Vol. 19, No. 2 (Summer, 1966), pp. 182-204.
   Ron Andrico
   www.mignarda.com
   > Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 19:00:19 +0200
   > To: praelu...@hotmail.com
   > CC: davidvanooi...@gmail.com; lute@cs.dartmouth.edu
   > From: lute.cor...@sunrise.ch
   > Subject: [LUTE] Re: Besard 1617 available?
   >
   > I have the facsimile of Minkoff in my library (Novus partus &
   Isagoge, both from the Strasbourg libary with ms. aditions). I think
   it's still available. Isn't it?

   > Andreas
   >

   > Am 09.04.2010 um 18:52 schrieb Ron Andrico:
   >
   > > David & All:
   > > I've posted my arrangement of the Besard, 1617 Branles de village
   duet
   > > for unison lutes on our web site. It was originally for
   fourth-apart
   > > lutes, using a fairly close reading of Ballard's setting for solo
   lute
   > > (Lute II) with Besard adding a decorated superius (Lute I). The
   > > downward transposition of fingering for the Lute II part is
   reasonably
   > > idiomatic, though not quite as much fun as Ballard's original.
   There

   <praelu...@hotmail.com>

   > > pieces
   > > collection
   > > 'Branles de
   > > En

   > > looks

   > > calendars with
   > >>

   > >> --
   > >> *******************************
   > >> David van Ooijen
   > >> davidvanooi...@gmail.com
   > >> www.davidvanooijen.nl

   > > The New Busy is not the old busy. Search, chat and e-mail from your
   > > inbox. [1]Get started. --
   > >
   > > References
   > >
   > > 1.
   http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL