Dear baroque gang,

I have been trying to get into the Scottish, perhaps Celtic? - anyhow
mostly more than less pentatonic - pieces in the Balcarres ms. It is
difficult! Very! When I thought I got a tiny understanding to one example,
"The New Highland Lady, mr. Beck's way" on page 4, I just (unluckily! ;)
happened to google that name, and found the first 30 seconds of that piece
played by Ronn McFarlane, a Scott as far as I know, see and hear
  http://www.hbdirect.com/album_detail.php?pid=319267
, and I understood that I do not understand the style well enough to play
it well!

Any good advice? I already got a very good one: go to Scotland and spend
your time in pubs. I believe this would be the remedy! But aren't there any
cheaper means to get the understanding?  :-)

All best,

Arto