some years ago we had a playersday in hamburg in a church. one performed piece
was a duo between renaissance lute and soprano recorder. near the performers, i
was able to hear more or less the recorder only. while walking away to the
entrance of the church the lute sound comes more and more out of the shade of
the recorder sound and was very present.
greetings
w.
p.s. I think, there is no linear relationship between different instruments

-------- Original-Nachricht --------