Thank you Anthony for a most complete explanation of all the
important facts and factors concerning these most highly evolved
loaded gut strings. Now I feel confident that I could actually order
them and know what to go for, and expect. And not only which lute to
use them on but just as important- where NOT to use them!

I'm sure that they are the strings to use on my Baroque lute, but
less sure of their suitability on my 8 course. Playing style/touch
comes into play here; my B-lute RH is already modeled after what we
can see in the famous picture of Charles Mouton, (only not quite as
far back to the bridge) and even with the strange combination of
strings on it now the sound & style fit the instrument and the music
quite well. The tension overall is about .2 or .3 Kg per string more
than Toyohiko Satoh's recommended tensions from the chantarelle down
to about the 6 or 7th course, then matches his- right where the higer
tension of the new loadeds would be applicable. But just now from
your last message- "...although I have been getting away with 2K7"-
so I think it's going to work. Such tension, and more, have been
harmless to this instrument in the past. (An old Robert Lundberg
"Hoffman" interpretation. Not an instrument to write home about, but
does the job for my needs.)

My approach to the Renaissance lute is completely different; I am
laying into the unison gut (Larson Pistoys) very vigorously at times
w/ thumb under and half-way into the rose. Even strong thumb rest
strokes on the 5th & 6th courses produce no buzzing. Of course I must
use enough discretion and good LH touch to maintain the correct
string spacing or I get proximity string slap- a different matter
from the buzzing that concerns us. Not sure if the new loaded gut
would blend well with the other courses on the low 8th D, as it would
be the only string of this radically different type on this lute- but
I would like a touch more clarity from that string than I get even
with the Larson GImp paired with a strongish octave string, although
the tone color, volume, and intonation all work very well with the
rest of the strings as a whole.  String tensions on this lute are
exactly as Larson had set it up- (his tension charts are on his Gamut
string website) he really nailed it for me with this instrument.

Putting these new strings on my 6 course lute would be like putting
low profile racing tires on 1936 Plymouth.
UnHIP and unwise, maybe even dangerous.

Wish I could have been at your house the day you had for lutes all
loaded with loaded guts.

Dan