[Eugene C. Braig IV] I suppose not so strange and not so different than
Kreisler, Giazotto, Vasilov, Segovia/Ponce, etc. ad nauseam foisting
"discoveries" (of their own concoction) in ancient music on the world.  I
suppose the biggest difference is that this new breed is more
performance-/interpretation-driven and often has a wee nugget of actual
early composition somewhere at the core.

Eugene