Welcome, Eugene!  I am also Eugene and also come to early stringed
instruments from modern guitar.  Did you play the western 6-string version
or the 7-string guitar of Sychra et alia?

I enjoyed your video.  I found your tone strongly consistent and your
playing passionate.  I can see your history with guitar in your right hand.

Again, welcome.
Eugene