I love Bakfark's music, but it gets way too little play by professionals,
and I can't really make any of it sound convincing myself.  While I can't
provide technical advice here, I may be able to point you to some
inspiration.  Heringman did an excellent CD entitled The Black Cow, half of
which was given to Bakfark intabulations, fantasias, and the like, the other
half to Polish dances by Waissel.
http://www.amazon.com/Black-Cow-Valentin-Matthaus-Heringman/dp/B0000258EM

Luck!
Eugene