On 11/16/2011 11:26 AM, R. Mattes wrote:

Yes, I had exactly the same question.
Apart from this: is gut not used in many medical situations to string people together after cutting by a surgeon for example, or is this perhaps done these days with other materials (nylgut? ;-) )
Taco

On Wed, 16 Nov 2011 11:08:14 +0100, Luca Manassero wrote
Dear List,
        as Mimmo explains in a video (unfortunately in Italian) on his
    facebook page, the original beef gut regulation in EU was due to fear
    of the so-called "mad cow" disease transmission.

Excuse my ignorance, but since when are gut strings made out of
beef gut? I always assumed that Aquilla's gut strings are made from
sheep gut.

Cheers, Ralf Mattes

--
R. Mattes -