A quick FYI:

Standard, modern fishing line is monofilament nylon.  However, fluorocarbon
is also quite common as fishing line, considerably denser, and requires a
resultantly lesser diameter at given pitch and scale than nylon.  Do you
know, t'other Eugene, if you were using nylon or fluorocarbon as a
chanterelle?  At what pitch (can we assume g')?

Best,
Eugene