Yes- I got the news from one of my lute students yesterday. I heard a sample
sound bite on the radio on the way home from work today, somewhat strange
sounding- reedy, "webby", a touch ethereal & otherworldly in a nice way. How
the hell did they harvest and process it? About 12 years ago some archery folks
tried to gather spider silk for bow strings (apparently the strength to
mass/weight ratio is unbelievable) but they got tangled up in a sticky, nasty
web mess and abandoned the project.

Dan