One more whack at the OT dead horse, this morsel is too rich to consume by
myself:

"CARTESIAN, adg. Relating to Descartes, a famous philosopher, author of the
celebrated dictum, Cogito ergo sum-  whereby he was pleased to suppose he
demonstrated the reality of human existence. The dictum might be improved,
however, thus: Cogito cogito, ergo cogito sum- "I think that I think, therefore
I think that I am"; as close an approach to certainty as any philosopher has
yet made."

>From THE DEVIL'S DICTIONARY  by Ambrose Bierce

Dan