Rest strokes tended to lock up my wrist way back when I played Classical
Guitar. In fact, the "Segovia" technique I was schooled in locked up a lot of
psycho/physical components. It took the Renaissance lute w/ thumb-inside right
hand approach to unlock most of the physical components. I still wrestle with
some of the psychological ones to this day- almost 40 years since I put down
the Classical Guitar.

A certain amount of rest stroke practice combined with the described harp
technique works quite well for training purposes, and using the rest stroke
only for certain notes in performance can be fine for expression. Of course,
the two single top strings of the d-minor lute and any single strung instrument
are somewhat game changing.

Dan