See Index III: Performing Medium. Especially under Ensembles a 3 ----- Original Message ----- From: "Sam Chapman" <manchap...@gmail.com>
To: "Edward Mast" <nedma...@aol.com>
Cc: <t...@heartistrymusic.com>; <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Sunday, September 09, 2012 4:31 PM
Subject: [LUTE] Re: Consort Suggestions Please

  Dear Tom,

  There's a lot of 16th-century consort music for three instruments - a
  good place to start would be to look in Brown's "Instrumental Music
  Printed Before 1600." You can play along with any of that repertoire on
  the lute if you make your own intabulations. Of course, you can make
  relatively free intabulations (as in the Lachrimae), leaving out
  unplayable voices and possibly adding new things of your own.

  If you're after something more specific, have a look at Vincenzo Ruffo
  "La Gamba in Basso e Soprano" - I could well imagine a lute fitting
  into the consort in that piece.

  Good luck!

  Sam