>> "A priority is to ensure that they will be ‘playable’ and suitable for the performance of the repertoire composed for the instrument."

>It always bothers me when someone puts quotes around an important term like playable.

It shouldn't bother us, it is simply a symptom of what we trick cyclists call axionchresthaiphilia - the urge to put the most important words in quotes. The owner of a very good fish restaurant in my neighbourhood always has it on his menu blackboard:

 "Fresh" mackerel a la plancha with homegrown "garden" vegetables

It is impossible to convince him.

The same with a bicycle dealer

Let us "fix" your "bicycle" before the summer holidays.

:-)