What you are looking at is a piece written in  "German Organ
   Tablature". Dueben used it as a
   very compact score representation of the pieces. The letters indicate
   notes, the
   horizontal lines indicates octaves, and the figures above the lines
   indicate time values
   (a quick-and-dirty explanation). There are several "works" in the
   collection where we
   have both the individual parts and the german organ tablature score.
   You can search for "works" that has lute parts by using "Scoring",
   "contains" lt.
   An interesting piece is
   http://www2.musik.uu.se/duben/presentationSource1.php?Select_Dnr05
   for soprano, two viola d'amore and lots(!) of continuo. There are two
   tablature parts
   for (as I recall it) "something" in d-minor tuning, tiorba plus three
   basso continuo parts.
   They probably did not write out the parts just for fun, it was probably
   performed with
   just that, e.g. soprano, 2 viola d'amore  and 6(!) continuo
   instruments.
   There is also a piece by Buxtehude (Herr wenn ich nur dich habe) where
   we have
   a basso continuo part and a tiorba tablature, very interesting to see
   what the tiorba
   player did of the b.c. part. I'll se if I can locate the facsimile of
   that as well.
   Actually the Dueben collection is the major source for all Buxtehude's
   non-organ works.
   If you have any particular question there is a mail address on the web
   pages, or you could
   ask me; I implemented the stuff :-)
   Happy browsing!
   /Jan