Here is a shot at a fairly simple setting of a vocal number from the comic opera, Isabelle et Gertrude (1765) but published in a Recueil for cistre in the 1770s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K8LFVFI4iM

C.F.A Pollet was the most prolific publisher of pieces and arrangements for the cistre (cythre) but he was not the most sophisticated. My cistre is a home-made thing but lute-maker Art Robb helped me finally get it in a playable condition. Cistres are tuned E-A-D-E-A-C#-E and often have extra basses. It's a wire-strung instrument with doubles on the top four courses and singles on the lower courses (like the English guitar).

Stuart