Depure's book makes quite a reading, especially if one is interested in the theory of royal spectacles as artificial sea battles accompanied by fireworks and parachuting penguins. You can download it here

http://books.google.be/books?id=MOJspb_BxekC&printsec=frontcover&hl=de#v=onepage&q&f=false <http://books.google.be/books?id=MOJspb_BxekC&printsec=frontcover&hl=de#v=onepage&q&f=false>

When I wanted to look up the theorbe and lute quotation I had problems.
Depure spells théorbe "tuaurbe" and luth "lut".

When comparing 2 things he says that they are "as different as guitar or lute, that is as horse and dromedar."

Dromedar. Interesting !

best regards
Bernd