Dear members of the list,

   I have been at pains trying to raise interest in our beloved
   instrument down here in Brazil. I've given speeches, played solo and
   chamber concerts... but despite all efforts the general public and also
   the musicians (professionals or amateurs) simply don't get turned on.
   It is a sad fact that the lute and the early music performance
   practice did not reach the University here. So we don't exist
   academically speaking.

   Would anybody be willing to list some strategies that could be used to
   help disseminate the lute and its repertoire?
   --
   Bruno Correia

   Pesquisador autonomo da pratica e interpretac,ao
   historicamente informada no alaude e teorba.
   Doutor em Praticas Interpretativas pela
   Universidade Federal do Estado do Rio de Janeiro.