From: [1]Arthur Ness

   To: Lute List
   Sent: Monday, September 23, 2013 5:55 PM
   Subject: Re: Update about 'Airlines: Please stop treating instruments
   like luggage. If you make us check in the instruments, make sure that
   is handled properly.' on Change.org

   The American Federation of Musicians has been working on this problem,
   as well.  They are pushing legislation in the U.S. Congress (S. 1451).
   Perhaps the petition could be sent to the AFofM.  You might wish to
   comment on the legislation. See

   Subject: Carrying Instruments on Airplanes :: Official Website of the
   American Federation of Musicians
   [2]http://www.afm.org/departments/legislative-office/carrying-instrumen
   ts-on-airplanes

   Rene may have mentioned this also.  And many of you have heard it.

   From Halifax, "United Breaks Guitars"

   [3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YGc4zOqozo

   Halifax is a nice town to visit..  Lots of good guitarists up there.
   They send a Christmas tree to Boston for our Commons every year.  For
   nearly 100 years now.

   ajn