   From: "co...@medievalist.org" <co...@medievalist.org>
   To: Lute List <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
   Sent: Monday, 30 September 2013, 11:33
   Subject: [LUTE] Ebony Pegs Redux
   All,
   The discussion of pegs going out of round is interesting, but it isn't
   addressing my original question, which was whether ebony was used in
   pre-1600 instrument building (or for that matter what other woods would
   have been used in lieu of ebony) and if there is any documentation off
   this which I can get my hands on. I'd appreciate any information on
   this subject. Thank you.
   Regards,
   Craig