Tom
   An earlier poster already suggested your octaves might be higher in
   tension than your fundamentals. This was a good guess.
   Course 5 you have 28N (2.8kg if you prefer) for your octav and 25N for
   your fundamental.
   Courses 6 to 8 are around 25N for the octaves and around 20N for the
   fundamentals.
   All this assuming you have it tuned to 440Hz.
   Each to his own, but for a 60cm 8-course I would suggest around 28N for
   the basses and around 25/26N for the octaves.
   On an 8-coourse with metalwound basses I would not use an octave string
   on course 5 and probably not on 6 either.
   But again, each to his own and opinions differ.
   David

   David van Ooijen
   [1]davidvanooi...@gmail.com
   [2]www.davidvanooijen.nl