On 17/12/13 8:44 AM, G. Crona wrote:
And not only had he good taste in music, but he also gave a lot of
information and valuable advice on the execution of the pieces, a great
number of which are probably the most played on the lute today among the
intermediate crowd. He in fact also recommends tuning 3rd down to F# on
several of the pieces and at the end requires lute tuning on some. Still
highly treasured collections which must have inspired many people to
take up
the lute.

Decades ago when I briefly flirted with teaching myself classical guitar I discovered one of Noad's beginner's books, and found it the most logical and thorough method I'd seen. I never encountered his renaissance guitar book, but just now discovered its table of contents on his web page, and I'm blown away by the brilliance of his selection of music. It truly is the cream of the crop, and I can see why he converted so many people to the lute.

http://www.noad.com/trg.htm

Geoff

--
Geoff Gaherty