Which doesn't mean his decisions were right...
   2013/12/18 gary <[1]magg...@sonic.net>

     I'm sure from Segovia's point of view in promoting his own tastes he
     was protecting the integrity of the guitar and the music.
     Gary

   On 2013-12-17 13:13, Braig, Eugene wrote:

     . . . Not to mention a huge body of dedicated baroque- and
     romantic-era repertoire for guitar that was forgotten for
     generations
     because Segovia didn't like it and instead opted to create a body of
     repertoire through transcription.  I don't think Segovia can be
     blamed
     for his tremendous popularity, but there is a danger in allowing the
     tastes of one person shape the state of an art.
     Respectfully,
     Eugene

   --
   Bruno Figueiredo

   Pesquisador autonomo da pratica e interpretac,ao
   historicamente informada no alaude e teorba.
   Doutor em Praticas Interpretativas pela
   Universidade Federal do Estado do Rio de Janeiro.