Correction: I said Greysteil was recorded in 2007 - not so: 1997.
   Rob

   On 25 April 2014 08:15, Rob MacKillop <[1]robmackil...@gmail.com>
   wrote:

     A  A The Art of MusicA is a 16th-centuryA Scottish manuscript with
     the aim

   A  A of teaching the rules of music to students of composition. None of
   the
   A  A music is in lute tablature, but the largely two-part texture fits

     A  A easily on the 7cA lute with a minimal amount of editing.A

   A  A I recorded these five pieces in 2007 on a CD called Greysteil,
   which is

     A  A no longer available. But you canA hear myA original sound files
     and

   A  A download my intabulations for free one my website:

     A  A [1][2]http://robmackillop.net/lute/the-art-of-music/

   A  A I recorded one of the pieces on video using a 5c, but the music is

     A  A better suited to a 6c or 7c instrument.A

   A  A The music is not at all like the traditional music style
   associated
   A  A with Scottish lute music, but it does open of the world of Music
   Fyne,
   A  A as it was called. The manuscript includes music by Josquin, among
   A  A others, and is quite backward looking for its age.
   Post-Reformation
   A  A Scotland looked with scorn on such complex music, and it is
   miraculous
   A  A that this music escaped the destructive hands of the religious
   zealots

     A  A of the time.A

   A  A Despite including Continental examples, the Scottish music
   contained in
   A  A the manuscript is quite different, and difficult to draw parallel
   with,
   A  A although the one relatively extended fantasia is quite 'normal',
   one
   A  A might say.
   A  A Anyway, I hope you enjoy listening to the music, or, more
   importantly,

     A  A enjoy playing it.A
     A  A Here's that link
     A  A again:A [2][3]http://robmackillop.net/lute/the-art-of-music/A