James, this is brilliant. Thank you! I'll place a link on my website.A
   It's funny - I did my initial work on it back in 1996 from a copy of
   Maynard's dissertation held in Edinburgh University library, and
   recorded it the same year for a CD that came out the following year.
   But I haven't given it any thought since then until this week, and it
   has been fun to rediscover the music. I'll be making a video of four of
   the pieces later this morning on a 7c.A
   Hopefully more people will take a look at exploring this rather quirky
   manuscript, and at its suitability for playing on the lute.
   Rob