The LSA has some nice memories of Stephen Gottlieb in the Quarterly
   which is going to the post office today.  I have a few extra copies, so
   if any of you are not LSA members and would like a copy. email me back
   with a street address and I will send you a copy.  That issue also has
   quite a long article by Stephen, David Munro and Michael Lowe on Jakob
   Lindberg's 400 year old lute and how them transformed it from pieces
   into a playable instrument.
   Nancy

   Dear Lutenists,

   Stephen GottliebA's obituary was published in today's edition of the
   Guardian:

   [1][1]http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/may/20/stephen-gottlieb

   He will be greatlyA missed.

   Best to you all,