Excellent!  Sincerest thanks for sharing, Diego.

Eugene

-----Original Message-----
From: lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu [mailto:lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu] On Behalf Of
Diego Cantalupi
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2015 10:52 AM
To: lutelist Net
Subject: [LUTE] new bass strings by Aquila corde

Dear friends,
here you find a short video with the Toccata VII from the IV book by Kapsberger.
I play my unhistorical short theorbo (an instrument measuring 70/117) that I
use when I need to travel by plane.
The known timbric problem caused by the wounded strings (usually V, VI, VII
fretted and XII, XII and XIV bourdons) is here brilliantly solved by the great
Mimmo Peruffo (Aquila corde).
The theorbo is strung with new nylgut (the whyte/yellow strings) and a new
synthetic dark red material for the bass strings.
The video is recorded with two cameras; the audio is untouched and is recorded
with a pair of Shoeps MK 21 going directly in my Zoom H6. No reverb and
equalization are added.
The location is my small and dry studio in Cremona.

http://youtu.be/E0F0lvPNuJk