19 courses? At this point I'm imagining a thumb harp with a fret board at one
end for a few strings.

On Mar 17, 2015, at 8:33 AM, Dan Winheld wrote:

Always shaking my head, rolling my eyes, and counting all those upper pegbox
pegs when the pics or the subject of the 19 course chromatic theorbo comes up.
(Even the chromatic harmonica is a rare handful compared to the regular
diatonic ones, but seems to be a more manageable & widespread instrument.)

How many thumbs did Kapsberger have going up his right wrist?

Dan