On 2015-03-19 6:20 AM, Hector Sequera wrote:
They all lack the top part but are a good example of the Spanish tradition
transplanted to England for domestic use.

I have done a lot of intabulations of polyphonic music myself, and most of the time do not intabulate the top part because it goes too far up the neck for my humble playing skills. Usually I have a voice or a soprano or alto recorder cover that line, and that works very well.

Dowland recommends that anyone attempting intabulations consult Adriansen, who has excellent instructions and many examples.

Geoff

--
Geoff Gaherty
Foxmead Observatory