A recent email from the Lute Society ominously listed the following new
   item (below)

   However - the online petition has been closed.

   Does anyone have current details on this plan; when the musical
   instrument gallery is slated to close, and whom to write to to protest?
   What an insane idea! And a sad cultural loss to the city of Vienna (and
   the world) if this magnificent exhibition closes!

   >PETITION AGAINST THE CLOSURE OF THE VIENNA MUSICAL INSTRUMENT
   COLLECTION GALLERIES

   >It seems that there is a chance that the Vienna collection of musical
   instruments will be
   put into storage and the present rooms allotted to some Austrian
   government
   department - all the more idiotic as there are sufficient unused rooms
   the
   same building. We've seen this sort of thing happen at the V & A, and
   what
   a loss that is. In the case of Vienna, this would mean that the most
   important collection of lutes in the world would be closed, and that
   would
   be catastrophic.

   >I have been asked to circulate following link to an online petition a
   please sign and copy it to friends:

   [1]https://www.change.org/p/bundespr%C3%A4sident-der-republik-%C3%B6ste
   rreich-dr-heinz-fischer-in-der-wiener-hofburg-droht-der-sammlung-alter-
   musikinstrumente-das-aus-stimmen-sie-f%C3%BCr-den-erhalt-dieser-interna
   tional-renommierten-ausstellung