On 2015-05-13 7:16 PM, Dan Winheld wrote:
I have already done a lot of searching, and come up with nothing- so
have been slowly transcribing parts myself (old school, pen & manuscript
paper. Good discipline but a tad slow). So far, we have Dowland's "Lord
Willoughby's Welcome Home" and the "Contrapunto Primo" by Vincenzo
Galilei. So far, we have been reading through the English Lute Song
books, some Baroque concerti, and improvising on a few grounds.

Just in the past week I've started working with MuseScore, an open source (free) music program. One of its neatest features is that allows you to enter music in either tab or notes, and then freely convert back and forth, as well as transpose. I've been doing intabulations by hand for decades, but now can enter the music in a few minutes, and, once entered, change it back and forth between notation, Italian tab, French tab, transpose it up or down, generate parts for any other instrument, all in seconds. I'm impressed!

I would particularly like us to be able to play the Valderrabano Vihuela
duos and the Matelart/Francesco duos.

My luting partner is playing an A lute, so I may look at entering some of the Matelart/Francesco duets for lutes a second apart.

Geoff

--
Geoff Gaherty
Foxmead Observatory