On 2015-06-05 9:43 AM, co...@medievalist.org wrote:
I know there is a body of Scottish lute music out there, but I am
wondering if there is any that came out of Ireland and where I might
find copies of same. Thank you all in advance.

Ireland lacked the royal court which encouraged lutes; their major instrument was the harp, and its greatest exponent was Turlough O'Carolan. Allan Alexander has done many fine lute arrangements of Carolan's music:

http://www.guitarandlute.com/

I've bought a number of his books, and find his arrangements fit the lute well and are a pleasure to play.

Geoff

--
Geoff Gaherty
Foxmead Observatory