Dear Lute Friends,

   Not too long ago I arranged Orlando di Lasso's "Bicinia cum textu" for
   alto and tenor recorders to play with my duet partner. Since I have
   recently become interested in the subject of intabulation, I decided to
   try intabulating these twelve two-voiced pieces for the lute as well,
   ornamenting them where the texture seemed a bit thin because of the
   lute's inability to sustain longer note values or where I thought it
   stylistically appropriate. I invite you to listen to both the recorder
   and the lute versions here:
   [1]http://www.verseandsong.com/song/recorder/orlando-di-lasso-bicinia-c
   um-textu/ . (Please click on "Recorder" or "Lute' under each title to
   listen to just one piece, or use the playlist at the bottom of the page
   to listen to all the pieces successively.) The recorder scores and the
   lute tablature are also available on the same page, if any of the list
   members or their recorder-playing friends would like to try them.

   As always, I would appreciate any feedback or suggestions on my amateur
   efforts. Please feel free to leave a comment on my website or to send
   me a private e-mail. I would also like to thank the list members who
   either sent me articles on intabulation or references to works dealing
   with that topic and also to David van Ooijen the for excellent articles
   on his website.

   Best regards to all,

   Stephen Arndt