From: lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu [mailto:lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu] On Behalf
Of Charles Mokotoff
Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2015 6:44 AM
To: LuteNet list <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Subject: [LUTE] Re: Lute Strap

   Thanks to everyone for the replies. What is clear from my looking the
   URLs over is that:
   1. No one in the USA is selling these
   2. They are a bit expensive for what you get
   However, I understand that some of these are quite beautiful and much
   nicer than anything I could probably cobble together.
   More importantly, I played around with my version some more and noticed
   that, yes, the lute is sitting stable on the RIGHT thigh, rather than
   in between the thighs with a footstool, (essentially I hold the
   instrument as if it were a classical guitar). This used to work in my
   younger years, not so much now. But, playing thumb out and using the
   strap, it still is uncomfortable and tends to put my hand over the rose
   or even closer to the neck. Perhaps just needs some time to adjust?
   Nigel North's strap configuration looks a bit different than what Paul
   uses:
   [1]https://youtu.be/c7wLjIF1N5o
   Thanks, again.

   On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 4:07 PM, Charles Mokotoff