Dear ones,
    I have been asked by a professional choir to play along with a
   Christmas Carol, Blessed be that Maid Marie.   There are modern choral
   arrangements of this piece, and they all attribute that it is from the
   William Ballet Lute Book.   Here is a link to the book in digital
   format, from a library in Dublin, of the Ballet Lute Book:
   [1]http://digitalcollections.tcd.ie/content/1297/pdf/1297.pdf
   I looked through it, and I could not find a piece with this title, and
   it is also not listed in  Julia Craig-McFeely's thesis, and she doesn't
   list any piece by that name in any English source.   I looked at the
   pices in the book, and could not find any of the tablatures that seem
   to match the melody of this piece.
   Allan Alexander did a beautiful adaptation years ago with variations
   (published in the LSA November 2004 Holiday newsletter, page 44), but I
   am unable to find the original.
   Does this piece exist in the book under a different title?
   Any assistance is appreciated!
   Happy luting,
   ed