"Two things"--ha! I started responding before I read to the end and then didn't change it. I should have said "a few things." Sorry.

-----Original Message----- From: stephen arndt
Sent: Wednesday, December 02, 2015 5:27 PM
To: David van Ooijen ; lutelist Net
Subject: [LUTE] Re: As Coeli Nuptias

As it stands, the text is a mess. Two things strike me on a first, quick
reading:

1. The first word in line 6 may be "ignota" ("unknown"). I don't believe
that "ignata" is a Latin word.

2. Line 7 should read "Inter multos praelecta" ("Chosen from among many").
If the reference is only to women, it would be "Inter multas."

3. The first line of the second stanza should be "Fuge mundi blandimenta"
("Flee the blandishments/flattery of the world").

4. In the following line "vana oblectamenta" ("vain pleasures") is correct.

5. Lines 4 and 6 of the second stanza are probably "ad amoris thalamum" ("to
the chamber of love"). In medieval Latin "th" could be written as a "t."

6. In the second and third lines of the fourth stanza, the phrase should be
"stringe ad pectus" ("draw to your breast").

I know that's not much, but maybe it will help a little.

-----Original Message----- From: David van Ooijen